Reasons Why I Think I Can’t Be A Writer
Every day I’m attacked by All the negative thoughts that stop me from writing. So I thought I’d write them all here to see who can relate!
I can’t be a writer. I’m extremely emo and most days it all feels like a weird fad that I am doing and I’m going to wake up from. I’ve been writing now since the 4th grade and every day I wake up saying “nope” this ain’t it. But I keep coming back. Here are my demons laid out here on display:
Reasons I Think I Can’t Be A Writer By Margot Macy.
- I don’t have a degree in writing
- My. punctuation, is horrible;
- I don’t follow the formatting that I’m told to follow
- I do what I want in life
- I’m insane
- I don’t know what to write about
- I can’t write smart stuff
- Too much existential dread
- I’m black
- I don’t think I’m worthy of being a writer
- You all will eat me alive
- No one wants to read my drivel anyway
- I’m no Shakespeare
- I’m no Hemmingway
- I’m not fancy enough
- My language isn’t flowery enough
- I’m too lazy to really really put that extra oomph in
- I don’t have the desire to grind
- My depression is out of control
These are the reasons I can’t write but I keep showing up even though my mind is eating me alive. Writing helps with that a lot though.
What are some reasons you think you can’t write? What is your cripling self doubt telling you?